WHAT is the training?
The approach to preventing abuse in sport begins with awareness and how to recognize the red flags of emotional, physical and sexual misconduct, and then what to do if abuse does occur.
The online SafeSport™ Trained 90-minute core course covers the following topics in-depth and provide a pre-and post-testing component:
- Mandatory Reporting
- Sexual Misconduct Awareness Education
- Emotional and Physical Misconduct
Detailed instructions from the U.S. Center for SafeSport:
You can now register for the online training. The cost is $20 per person and is 90-minutes long.
Click here to begin registration.
- The link above will steer you to the training platform to create your account. Google Chrome or Firefox are recommended for the best user experience.
- After clicking “Save” to confirm your affiliation with Ice Sports Industry, complete your account registration.
- An email will be sent to you to confirm your account. Open the email and click “Confirm Email Address”. You can then sign in.
- Once you’ve signed in, click on “Training” from the homepage or from the “Menu” in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Select “SafeSport™ Trained” from the catalog and “Add to Bag”.
- Select “Checkout”.
- Once you’ve successfully checked out, you will be able to complete the training from your Learning Dashboard.
If you experience any technical difficulties while taking the training, please contact the Help Desk at email@example.com or call 720-676-6417. The Help Desk hours are: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 9:00pm EST; Saturday – Sunday 12:00pm – 5:00pm EST.
Remember to download and save your SafeSport™ Trained certificate upon completion of the course.
- From the menu, click on your name and select “Your Activities”.
- Any activity you have completed will have a “Download Certificate” button.