WHAT is the training?
The approach to preventing abuse in sport begins with awareness and how to recognize the red flags of emotional, physical and sexual misconduct, and then what to do if abuse does occur.
The online SafeSport™ Trained 90-minute core course covers the following topics in-depth and provide a pre-and post-testing component:
- Mandatory Reporting
- Sexual Misconduct Awareness Education
- Emotional and Physical Misconduct
Detailed instructions from the U.S. Center for SafeSport:
You can now register for the online training. The cost is $20 per person and is 90-minutes long.
Click here to begin registration.
- Once you click to begin (link above) a sign up page displays with the “enrollment key” already on the screen. Simply click Sign up.
- You are promted to sign up. Enter the required information and any optional information you may want to include. Once completed select Sign Up button.
- You now have access to the safesporttrained.org website.
- Once you are logged into your account select the Catalog title and select the course you want to purchase (.01 SafeSport Trained)
- A Shopping Cart icon will display then select the Procced to Checkout button and follow the prompts to complete your purchase.
- Once you’ve successfully checked out, you will be able to complete the training from your Learning Dashboard.
If you experience any technical difficulties while taking the training, please contact the Help Desk at email@example.com or call 720-676-6417. The Help Desk hours are: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 9:00pm EST; Saturday – Sunday 12:00pm – 5:00pm EST.
Remember to download and save your SafeSport™ Trained certificate upon completion of the course.