Spotlight: DC Trivia
To get you in the D.C. state of mind, here are several interesting and little-known facts about our nation’s capital:
- Two American presidents kept alligators at the White House — Both Herbert Hoover and John Quincy Adams had pet alligators!
- The city. is missing “J” Street — D.C. was planned before the letter “J” existed, so there is no J street in the city.
- There’s only one president buried in Washington, D.C. — Woodrow Wilson is entombed at the Washington National Cathedral.
- D.C. boasts the oldest fish market in the United Sates — The Main Avenue Fish Market, which has been operating since 1805.
- There was a typo in the original etching of The Lincoln Memorial. It’s been touched up since, but the letter “E” was accidentally chiseled into the beginning of the world “Future” on the north wall of the memorial.
Source: Washington Trolley Tours (trolleytours.com)
Promote Your ISI Skating Programs with Eye-Catching Banners for Your Lobby, Rink and Dashers!
Lobby Banner – 60″ w x 24″ h
Rink Banner – 120″ w x 36″ h
Rink Dasher – 120″ w x 30″ h