The ISI National Instructor Training Program is designed to educate and train instructors in the techniques, standards, and professional requirements of teaching the ISI Ice Skating Program. ISI Ice Skating Program is the country’s leading learn-to-skate program.
Check back for more training dates in 2024
LIVE Online ISI Instructor Training
Instructor Training certification courses LIVE, via the Zoom webinar platform!
We are excited to offer the ISI Group Class Instructor certification. This course is specifically designed for group class instructors only. This course will focus on the fundamentals of teaching a great group lesson class; including the skills in the Tots-Delta levels, working with parents, and tips on how to be a successful group lesson coach.
Please note: If you are already an ISI Professional member that is coaching private lessons this class is NOT for you.
A current ISI Individual skater membership or Junior Instructor membership is required for participation. The minimum age to participate is 14 years old and the national office will gain approval from the participant’s supervisor. After completing the 2+ hour webinar and successfully passing the test, you will receive a certificate as an ISI Group Class Instructor. Attendees will have 7 days to complete the test.
ISI Instructor Core/Intermediate (levels Tot-Freestyle 5) OR ISI Instructor Intermediate/High (levels FS 1-FS 10). These certification courses will review all of the required minimum passing standards for each maneuver; give useful tips to prepare skaters for competition events and provide information on group classes, coaching, and business tips.
A current ISI Professional Membership is required for participation. After completing the 2.5 hour webinar and successfully passing the test, you will receive a certificate as an ISI Instructor (for the applicable level). Attendees will have 7 days to complete the test.
Benefits for Skating Directors and Arena Managers:
- Screen prospective coaches before you hire them. An ISI Ice Skating Program certification means you’ll instantly know what skills they possess.
- Educate your current staff and increase their contribution to your facility’s success.
- Reduce the time YOU have to spend training staff.
- Make classes profitable and successful.
- Transform your staff into more than just employees—they become an integral part of your business’ success.
Benefits for Coaches
- Advance your career
- Differentiate yourself from your peers
- Increase your earning potential
- Gain respect and credibility
- Qualify to teach all ISI levels
- Create winning resume
- Expand your job opportunities
- Become more valuable to your facility
- Learn new and innovative ways of teaching skills
- Become a more knowledgeable coach