What is ISI?
The Ice Sports Industry is an international trade association encompassing all aspects of the ice skating industry. ISI was founded in 1959 as an organization for owners, operators and developers of ice skating facilities. The mission and goals of ISI are to promote ice skating as a participant sport and recreation and to provide information for the development, construction and operation of ice skating facilities. The ISI is dedicated to providing leadership, education and services to the ice skating industry. Our membership consists of over 600 administrative members, 3,500 professional members, 50,000 individual members, 10,000 hockey players, and 150 builder/supplier/retail members.
Who Can Be an ISI Administrative Member?
Privately Owned and Commercial Facilities
Publicly Owned and Not-for-Profit Facilities
School, College, University Facilities
Skating and Hockey Schools
Skating Clubs and Hockey Leagues
Pro Shops and Retail Vendors
Why Join ISI?
ISI offers excellent insurance benefits for recreational skaters, hockey players and instructors. We strongly believe in further educating ice arena industry leaders through our management training and certification programs. As a member, you have the right to use ISI copyrighted programs and materials. Our Learn-to-Skate* and Learn-to-Play Hockey Programs aid instructors in teaching students the fundamentals of figure skating and hockey. All Administrative members receive discounts on ISI services such as educational programs and advertising.
ISI Administrative Member Benefits
- ISI Edge Competition Software
- ISI EDGE – the quarterly professional journal for ice arena professionals
- Recreational Ice Skating (RIS) magazine – two publications annually, created for skater members and their families (coaches too!)
- Recreational Ice Skating Online magazine
- Excess Accident Medical Coverage available for ISI members at your facilities
- Discounts on display advertising in ISI publications
- Reduced registration fee for annual ISI Ice Arena Conference and Trade Show
- Reduced registration fee for ISI University – the leading management training and certification program for ice arena industry leaders
- ISI Member Rewards
- Access to ISI’s “members only” publications and materials
- Right to use all ISI recreational skating and hockey programs
- Access to ISI online Directory of Ice Arenas, Builders/Suppliers and Associates and Retailers
- Copy of the annual ISI Membership Directory
- Management and instructor training and education seminars
- Hyperlinks from ISI’s website to Administrative member websites
- Assistance from ISI’s knowledgeable staff, ready and able to provide information, resources or referrals on all aspects of the ice skating industry
- Access to our electronic communication tools
- Use of the Class Management Software
- Classified ads on the employment bulletin board in the ISI EDGE and on the ISI website
*All ISI Administrative members are required to register all members of their ISI Learn-to-Skate program as Individual ISI members. Rinks may register the skaters in bulk, or skaters can register individually through the ISI national office.