Professional Renewal Now Open – Membership Fees Remain Steady
What is a Professional Membership
ISI Professional Membership
Professional membership ensures that ISI coaches have successfully passed a background check. Continuing education is provided to current members so that they remain up to date on ISI skating requirements and passing standards. ISI’s many diverse competition event categories allow coaches to broaden their creativity when working with skaters eager to compete in ISI events.
Who Can Be an ISI Professional Member?
Individuals who are 16 years or older and derive income from performing, teaching or coaching ice skating or ice hockey.
- Skating Instructor/Coach
- Hockey Instructor/Coach
- Skating Director
- Hockey Director
*Individuals that are 16 or 17 years old will have an additional consent form to facilitate the background check. This is required to be filled out by a parent or guardian.
Annual background checks are required for ALL professionals regardless of age.
This background check does not include a search on your credit history.
Professional Membership & Liability Registration Information
All current ISI Professional memberships and liability insurance* must be renewed by Sept. 1 to maintain coverage.
Beginning with the 2020-21 membership season (Sept. 1 – Aug. 31), all new and renewing ISI Professional members are required to take the U.S. Center for SafeSport online training course. Please click on the SafeSport Training link on this page to sign up for the course and for directions on how to send your completed certificate to the ISI.
ISI’s insurance benefits are the best in the industry – more coverage at a lower price – plus, ISI policies continue to meet all other association requirements with an extended term of July 1 through Aug. 31 of the following year.
*Must have current ISI Professional Membership to purchase Liability Insurance.
Your professional membership is pending until a background check has been cleared. Annual background checks are required for ALL professionals regardless of age. Please note that this background check does not included a search on your credit history.
WHAT is the training?
The approach to preventing abuse in sport begins with awareness and how to recognize the red flags of emotional, physical and sexual misconduct, and then what to do if abuse does occur.
The online SafeSport™ Trained 90-minute core course covers the following topics in-depth and provide a pre-and post-testing component:
- Mandatory Reporting
- Sexual Misconduct Awareness Education
- Emotional and Physical Misconduct
Detailed instructions from the U.S. Center for SafeSport:
You can now register for the online training. The cost is $20 per person and is 90-minutes long.
Click here to begin registration.
- The link above will steer you to the training platform to create your account. Google Chrome or Firefox are recommended for the best user experience.
- After clicking “Save” to confirm your affiliation with Ice Sports Industry, complete your account registration.
- An email will be sent to you to confirm your account. Open the email and click “Confirm Email Address”. You can then sign in.
- Once you’ve signed in, click on “Training” from the homepage or from the “Menu” in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Select “SafeSport™ Trained” from the catalog and “Add to Bag”.
- Select “Checkout”.
- Once you’ve successfully checked out, you will be able to complete the training from your Learning Dashboard.
If you experience any technical difficulties while taking the training, please contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720-676-6417. The Help Desk hours are: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 9:00pm EST; Saturday – Sunday 12:00pm – 5:00pm EST.
Remember to download and save your SafeSport™ Trained certificate upon completion of the course.
- From the menu, click on your name and select “Your Activities”.
- Any activity you have completed will have a “Download Certificate” button.
Register for ISI Professional Membership
A Three-Step Process
1. Background Check – Each organization requires its own Background Check. We understand this means you may need to complete multiple background checks but this to protect your privacy. There is no additional charge for the ISI Background Check and you can submit it NOW before you register and pay for your membership.
Submit Background Check
2. SafeSport Certification – If you have already completed your SafeSport Certification (or re-fresher certification) there is a place on our online registration form to upload your certificate document from your computer. If you have not completed the SafeSport training course you will need to complete it before your ISI Professional membership is considered valid.
Take SafeSport training
3. Professional Membership – Whether registering for the Professional Membership & Liability Insurance or just the Professional Membership we require BOTH the completed Background Check and the current SafeSport training certificate before we can activate your membership.
Register for Professional Membership & Liability Insurance
Register for Professional Membership
TERM 7/1/2020 – 8/31/2021
Liability Coverage Summary
Professional Members –
General Liability and Accident Policy
Who is protected?
Current ISI Professional member coaches who have applied for ISI Professional Liability insurance coverage and paid the appropriate fee.
Additional Insured: Coverage as an “Additional Insured” may also be afforded to skating facilities owned by cities, municipalities, school districts or private parties. Coverage for Additional Insured’s must be requested.
Covered Activities: Instruction of figure skating/hockey skating and related instruction, such as; conditioning, ballet, harness training, and in-line skating.
Commercial General Liability
Limits of Liability $1,000,000 Per Occurrence
$5,000,000 General Aggregate (Per Instructor)
$1,000,000 Personal and Advertising
$1,000,000 Products Completed Operations Aggregate
$300,000 Fire Damage
$ Excluded Medical Payments
$500,000 Per Occurrence Sexual Abuse
$1,000,000 Sexual Abuse Aggregate (Per Instructor)
$1,000,000 Instructors-Professional Occurrence
$1,000,000 Instructors-Professional Aggregate
Coverage: Accident Insurance
Maximum Amounts: $25,000 Accident Medical Expense Benefit, (Excess basis)
- $1,000 Deductible amount per accident
- $250 Dental Limit per tooth per accident
- $10,000 Accident Death & Dismemberment Benefit
- $100,000 AD&D, Aggregate Limit per Accident
*** Note – Coverage excludes all commutation/travel to and from.